1.18.2009


REASON #1549 WHY I'D RATHER DRIVE
Here's an incredible photo of US Airways flight 1549 that "landed" on the Hudson River last Thursday thanks to former Air Force fighter pilot (and certified glider pilot) Captain Chelsey Sullenberger III. Miraculously, all 155 passengers and crew aboard the flight survived. Not only did he "masterfully" land the plane, Captain "Sully" apparently walked the sinking aircraft twice after everyone else had evacuated to confirm that there were no more souls on board. What's almost equally astonishing to me? That there were passengers aboard flight 1549-- those eager to be home with their loved ones, rightfully so-- who caught the first flights out of La Guardia following the crash. Um........hold the bus. NO WAY, NO HOW. NO THANK YOU. You'd find me purchasing two tickets on the first departing Greyhound-- one ticket for me, and one for my industrial-sized flask. Captain Sullenberger III is a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment