3.20.2009

FLUKE?
So . . . apparently I ran on the treadmill this afternoon WITHOUT listening to music. NO music. Apparently all I needed to keep my mind off of the pain was the dull hum of the baby monitor and an old homemade Ultimate video without sound. The scary part? (Yes, Ultimate video). Okay, the other scary part? I didn't realize that I was sweating sans tunes until I was done with my workout. I was in shock. This was certainly a first for me, as running without music always meant more pain, more aches, more jugga-jugga. But surprisingly, my run wasn't miserable without my ipod and Flock of Seagulls. Instead, it was just pleasant enough. And that's gotta mean something cool. I can't help but think that for a brief moment I had entered a "whole nuffa level" as a non-runner, runner. I'm pretty sure it will never happen again.

1 comment:

  1. Who ARE you? I don't even know you any more.

    ReplyDelete