2.18.2009

NOT EXACTLY A TEA PARTY
In an attempt to take a wild departure from our dinner routine, I decided it would be fun to have a "picnic" with the girls... we'd pull out a blanket, find our fabulous tea cups for sipping some delicious peach-orange-mango fruit juice, and eat dinner in the living room. I was unsuccessful at finding the tea cups (and feeling much pressure to perform once the announcement had been made that we were going to be dining on the floor), and grabbed the first thing that I saw . . .

So it's not exactly what I had in mind (nor Parker apparently), but it worked. And eventually the shame that I felt for using martini glasses as a substitute for tea cups was overshadowed by the excitement on their faces when I handed them their "big girl" glasses. According to them, it was a fabulous tea party.

No comments:

Post a Comment