2.25.2009

RANDOM OBSESSION
So I'm not quite sure where I was or what I was doing in 2005 but apparently I missed the release of this Coldplay song. I don't know what it is about this song, but among many things, it brings out the air guitar playin' fool in me. The video is good, not great (except the part when the song accelerates and the crowd is on their feet singing and you see Chris Martin let out a sweet, modest smile . . . 4:23 minutes into the video to be exact). He's humble, proud, slightly surprised, hoping he remembers the rest of the song, trying to control his goosebumps, wondering if he should let the crowd take over, telling himself to act like he's been there before like his buddies Garth and Bono . . . wondering why he doesn't have Paige T. Sullivan as his life coach. Yet amazingly he gets through the song flawlessly, and almost 4 years later he has a new fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment